4.10.2013

WIP Wednesday - a bit of everything

Before & after. I am a lazy gardener, should have done this last fall. Getting the beds ready.Instagram has captured what I have worked on this week.  I finally cleared out my garden beds. After a not-so-successful garden last year (the weeds won), I left everything there over the winter. I figure it gives a little bit back to the soil. This year, with the sole exception of green beans, we're going to try and have a flower garden. This will give the soil a break from our usual attempts of general vegetables. Our house came landscaped, which is great and all, but I miss seeing the blooms.  Hopefully this will also attract butterflies!


My Morning Coffee is coming along! On to the sleeves! #knittingThe body of my Morning Coffee sweater is done and I love it! I have started a sleeve and it is slowly but surely moving along.  Speaking of coffee, I tried a coffee "recipe" I saw online - this particular blogger raved about coffee + coconut milk + cocoa powder, so I gave it a try. And I will not be doing that again - ugh! I will stick with my cream and sugar.



Working on my #frostedpumpkin #springtimesapler - I'm slow & behind but it makes me happy! @heyporkchopThe weather has taken such a nice turn over the last week or so, we've been getting outside just about every day! Yesterday I was so tired at the end I didn't even want to pick up my knitting, or crochet! Shocking! Thankfully I have another craft in the works. I think I mentioned being bit by the cross stitch bug - I have the Woodland Sampler and the Springtime Sampler, both from the Frosted Pumpkin. I am behind on both, and I am not fast at it, but I really enjoy it. One little stitch at a time.

I haven't been reading much, a few fluff magazines is about it, but I am expecting a few books to arrive soon to help with my toy box project! I also really need to get moving on a few custom-request items, so hopefully I will have some fun to show on Friday!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great! I love your sweater. The color is so pretty.

Unknown said...

Oh wow I love your sweater, what a lovely pattern and the yarn you've chosen is beautiful

Unknown said...

What's your instagram name? (if you don't mind another follower? )

MarmePurl said...

Blooms will be lovely

Babajeza said...

I'm having a flower garden too. After a slightly disasterous garden year last year, my father politely gave me a book with beautiful pictures of lovely traditional gardens in it. I think it's a hint. :-)

Give Life, Donate Blood