4.17.2013

Yarn Along / WIP Wednesday - For the kids edition

Truth: It's been a decent week for starting projects. I am super pleased at how a few of them are progressing, so that's good. I am not so pleased with how a finger on my hook holding hand tends to cramp up / lock straight when I crochet an awful lot. Has this happened to you? I hold my hook in my left hand, not always like a knife and not always like a pencil, but frequently my ring finger will be bothered.  Obviously it is not keeping me from the craft!
YarnAlong


Two books arrived last week: Topsy Turvy: Inside-Out Knit Toys by Susan B. Anderson and Amigurumi Two by Ana Paula Rimoli.  They are adorable and I have already queued up several patterns; I even have perfect yarns to use right away! We've been reading Little House in the Big Woods with Lorelai at night, which I am really excited about. We were using my copy from when I was a kid, the one that came in the yellow box set - did you have that? Well, it is a well-loved, well-read copy, with many yellowed pages and a broken spine.  Last night the book split in several parts and I need to tape it back together. We have ordered her her own copy! It is so different to read that book now as a grown up and just think about all the work that went into just staying alive out in the Big Woods. Pa caught a bear, YAY - food! But then, woah - all the prep! Spend all day making butter? Amazing.

I have slowed down on my Morning Coffee, due only to my own distractions.  I am on the cable detail at the cuff of the first sleeve.  I've crocheted half a pair of baby sandals for a gift, started a cactus for a swap, gotten the body of the second slug ready for the eyeballs to be attached, and I've been tackling the Springtime Sampler. I'm only showing the sampler here with the books because it's just a bit too much to gather everything up right now!


It's April vacation this week, so in addition to my usual struggles with distractions, both kiddos are running wild.  Yesterday, L came over to me and said "Mom, I think there's a beaver in our yard."  Ummmm, I don't think so kiddo.  "But Moooom, it's still there!".  What do you know? She was right - almost! Apparently a groundhog has moved in under a gazebo in our backyard!  He's probably the size of Jackson, and Jackson wanted to go after him!
GroundhogGroundhog
 




2 comments:

Babajeza said...

I haven't had much problems with my fingers due to crochet. But I hurt my back so badly (tenison) that I ended up in the hospital as nothing could be done against the pain. Can you immagine how the doctors laughed (very politely though) when I told them that I had crocheted! I think I was the joke of the year. I laugh myself. :-)
Give your fingers a rest!

Virginia said...

Keep an eye on your lovely vegetable beds with that groundhog -- the ones in our neighborhood are ruthless vegetable serial killers! (We have to constantly patrol our fence because they find new ways to burrow in and destroy everything... yes, I have groundhog rage issues to work through. :)

Give Life, Donate Blood